3D Edit

Ever since I got more than one GoPro HD camera, I have had 3D on the back of my mind. This edit is the most recent product of a culmination of weeks of trials and testing, rigging up camera systems, and figuring out software. It is by no means a final end product, but merely a view of the progress I’ve been making in working with 3D.

To view this edit properly, please use Red/Cyan anaglyph 3D glasses. You can purchase some from Amazon, or get some for Free

The edit was shot last weekend (February 20th) in one day and 14 runs at Mammoth Mountain. Two GoPro HD cameras were rigged parallel at the end of a ski pole hanging with GoPro handle-bar mounts. To splice the footage together in post-production, the 3D Glasses filter in After Effects was used. The footage was then all brought into Final Cut for editing. In After Effects, the convergence was keyframed throughout every clip to keep the focal point on the skier/subject since the GoPro naturally won’t focus on anything in particular.

I will be posting more about this process and adding pictures soon!

3Deditimage

This entry was posted in Video, Video of the Week and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

716 Comments

12. Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:52 am | Permalink

13. Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:52 am | Permalink

14. Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:52 am | Permalink

15. Posted October 12, 2013 at 5:52 am | Permalink

[..YouTube..]

16. Posted May 2, 2014 at 5:38 am | Permalink

[..YouTube..] Song = Mille – Crysteena (Fear of Tigers Remix) ;)